Diversity and inclusion
Women in management
|Women in top senior leadership roles (top 200–250 employees) (%)||19||20||22|
|Women in senior management (top 1,100–1,600 employees) (%)||21||22||24|
|Women in middle management (top 4,500–6,400 employees) (%)||23||24||25|
|Women (all non-management employees) (%)||39||37||38|
Nationalities in top management bands
|Nationalities in top management bands (top 200–250 employees)||25||26||24|
|Number of voluntary leavers||7,746||9,621||9,647|
|Number of involuntary leavers2||4,019||4,234||4,355|
|Newly hired employees||11,913||15,597||21,586|
|Average turnover rate (%)3||15||16||15|
- Represents the average number of employees in our controlled markets and our share of employees in jointly controlled markets during the year and includes Cable and Wireless Worldwide for 2013/14 only.
- Involuntary leavers include those who leave the business through redundancy, Vodafone-initiated separation or death in service.
- Includes voluntary and involuntary leavers.
Vodafone Global People Survey
|Overall response rate (%)||90||90||87|
|Employee Net Promoter Score1||42||43||43|
|Employee engagement index||77||78||77|
- The employee Net Promoter Score is calculated from the number of promoters minus the number of detractors.
Employees responding positively to key sustainability-related questions (%)
|Engagement and values|
|I am proud to work for Vodafone||85||86||85|
|My local market/Group function operates ethically||83||83||84|
|Health, safety and wellbeing|
|The Absolute Rules are taken seriously at Vodafone||–||87||89|
|My local market/Group function takes a genuine interest in the wellbeing of its employees||68||70||69|
|Diversity and inclusion|
|People in my team are treated fairly regardless of their gender, background, age or belief||88||89||89|
|My local market/Group function values diversity||84||85||86|
|A person’s background does not stop them progressing||84||85||85|
|Opportunities to learn skills and knowledge to do job well||75||77||77|
|The total reward package is fair||52||54||53|
- Numbers shown are for Vodafone permanent employees.
The percentage of women in leadership data as well as selected supporting statements in the diversity and inclusion section were reviewed as part of EY’s assurance of Vodafone’s Sustainability Report.
For more details see our Assurance Statement.